I’m always drawn to anything with pink, and even more so when it goes towards supporting a good cause. Any money to support a charity is a good thing, but as breast cancer awareness has become more and more commercialized over the years, I like to read the fine line to know exactly where my money is going. I’ve picked 8 pink products for Breast Cancer Awareness month that are definitely worth buying.
1. Crumbs cupcake, $3.50 with $1 donated to the National Breast Cancer Coalition. Great excuse to indulge in some sweets and Crumbs cupcakes are definitely amongst the best.
2. Under Armor I won’t quit shirt, $27.99 with 100% of proceeds donated to national breast cancer charities and medical centers. This shirt has Under Armor’s Moisture Transport System to keep you dry during your workout, for about the same price that UA typically sells these shirts.
3. Clinique Almost Lipstick in Pink Ribbon Honey, $15 with $3 donated to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation. Almost lipstick typically costs $15, and for the same price you also get a makeup bag and support a great cause. Almost lipsticks apply as a lip gloss for a touch of color, ideal for everyday wear.
4. Smashbox Photo Finish: $36 with $5 donated to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation. Once again, this primer costs $36 regularly so this is an opportunity to buy one of the best foundation primers out there while supporting BCA.
5. Aveda hand relief: $23 with $4 donated to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation. It’s easy to slack off on some general beauty maintenance in fall and winter when we’re a bit more covered up, but it’s even more important to keep your hands looking pretty. This hand moisturizer has a rich formula that will keep your hands soft with a refreshing rosemary mint scent.
6. Murad Hydro-Dynamic Ultimate Moisturizer: $49.50 (typically $69) with 10% of the proceeds donated to City of Hope breast and women’s cancer research. This moisturizer is Murad’s richest and a fall (and winter) beauty must if you have dry skin.
7. Tweezerman slant tweezer: $22 a portion of proceeds are donated to breast cancer awareness organizations. A Tweezerman (regularly $22) is a necessity for every sasstress’ beauty bag to keep the brows clean between wax and threading appointments.
8. Sephora collection pink brush set: $36 with $1 donated towards breast cancer awareness. This set of 5 brushes (flat powder brush, angled shadow brush, domed shadow brush, smudge brush, and angled liner brush) in a snakeskin travel bag will cover your makeup needs.