Wearing sunglasses at night or indoors can be a questionable or douchebag-y move. Many people find it almost as ridiculous to wear sunglasses during the winter time as well. I’ve always disagreed with this. Initially it was mostly an excuse to showoff my designer sunglasses year round, but over time my eyes adjusted to wearing sunglasses and realized the many other excuses to wear them as well. Now sunglasses are part of my signature look and I am obsessed with collecting them. Here are 5 reasons to wear sunglasses year round.
1. As Rachel Zoe says, sunglasses are the ultimate do not disturb sign. Even the most social of people have days where we just can’t be bothered. Sunglasses are essentially a privacy sign; they limit the amount of eye contact you make and reduce the likelihood that you will have to engage in random conversation so you can just live about your life.
2. You can get away without having to wear any makeup. Most women say that wouldn’t leave the house with either mascara or under eye concealer. Wearing sunglasses eliminates that need; you can just throw on your favorite pair and walk out.
3. It protects against damage from UV rays. UV rays are present year round, regardless of the weather. They can be quite damaging to your eyes and your vision, so wearing sunglasses protects against that even on a cloudy day.
4. It prevents wrinkles. UVA rays, which cause aging and wrinkles, can be even stronger when the sun is not out. I actually use this one as an excuse to wear obnoxiously large sunglasses – the larger the sunglasses, the more area that’s protected, and the younger I’ll look for longer.
5. Sunglasses are a great accessory to perfect any outfit. Every outfit is complete and looks better with a pair of fantastic sunglasses. Period.